Westgate Park is a a 46.3 acre city park situated in the center of the Westgate neighborhood featuring:
- Fishing Pond
- Rain Garden
- Recreation Center
- Closed Shelterhouse*
- Open Shelterhouse
- Picnic areas
- Walking trail
- Wooded area
- Athletic fields & courts for tennis, basketball, baseball, soccer, football, etc.
*For more information, including rental information for both the Open and Closed Shelterhouse and the Friends group, please see the City of Columbus Department of Recreation and Parks.
More Hilltop Organizations
The CWRC is a FREE Running & Walking club on Columbus, Ohio’s west-side with weekly group runs and running events. All events are self-paced, so no one is too fast or too slow! Join the conversation at https://www.facebook.com/
Hilltop Business Association was founded in 1926 as the Hilltop Businessmen’s Association. The HBA has hosted events such as the Historic Hilltop Bean Dinner, the Greater Hilltop Open, the Annual Fall Celebration, Deck the Hilltop, National Night Out Events. The HBA offers a way for business people in the Hilltop and the Westside to network and build cohesiveness among themselves.
The microgrant is designed to provide additional support and/or opportunity to local Westgate and Westgate adjacent businesses.
Only businesses that have been operating more than 1 year are eligible. Business must be located within the Westgate boundaries or directly adjacent. Westgate is bounded from Hague Avenue to Demorest Road and West Broad Street to Sullivant Avenue.
Westgate Neighborhood Scholarship
FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2022-2023
Applications accepted in March
The Westgate Neighbors Association Scholarship was established in 2015 as an extension of our mission to “help our community thrive”. The $1000 postsecondary education scholarship is funded by a portion of the proceeds from the Westgate Home & Garden Tour. It is awarded annually to a qualified resident of Westgate who contributes to the betterment of their community through their demonstrated service and leadership. While GPA and course selection are considered, the committee is focused more on the candidates’ involvement with their communities.
- Live within the boundaries of the Westgate neighborhood in Columbus, Ohio. Boundaries for the purpose of this scholarship are from the south side of West Broad Street to the the north side of Sullivant Avenue, and from the west side of South Hague Avenue to the west side of Demorest Road.
- Be a full-time student who will be attending a college or vocational school for the 2022-2023 academic year.
If it is determined by the scholarship committee that none of the applicants meet the eligibility requirements, or embody the standards by which the scholarship was established, we reserve the right not to award the scholarship for the current year.
- Complete the (interactive PDF) Application.
- Attach a current dated transcript signed by a school administrator or counselor.
- Attach two documents verifying your, or a parent or guardian’s Westgate address.
- Complete the section Honors / Achievement / Community Service / Leadership (include years participated, organization, activities).
- List three references we may contact, at least one of whom is to provide a Letter of Recommendation which is to be attached.
- Attach at least one Letter of Recommendation.
- Attach two essays.
- Complete Signature of Certification.
Submit all of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, March 31, 2022 at midnight
- The scholarship recipient will be notified via contact information provided on the application form.
- The recipient will provide the committee a Letter of Acceptance from the designated postsecondary school.
- The recipient will be asked to attend the May 2022 WNA Community Meeting, at which they will be introduced and the award presented.
- Scholarship monies will be sent directly to the Financial Aid Office of the designated school, in August, after it is confirmed the student is officially enrolled for the fall semester.