Westgate Neighborhood Scholarship
FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2022-2023
Applications are currently closed for this year. Please read about our process to prepare for next year.
The Westgate Neighbors Association Scholarship was established in 2015 as an extension of our mission to “help our community thrive”. The $1,000 post-secondary education scholarship is funded by a portion of the proceeds from the Westgate Home & Garden Tour. It is awarded annually to a qualified resident of Westgate who contributes to the betterment of their community through their demonstrated service and leadership. While GPA and course selection are considered, the committee is focused more on the candidates’ involvement with their communities.
- Live within the boundaries of the Westgate neighborhood in Columbus, Ohio. Boundaries for the purpose of this scholarship are from the south side of West Broad Street to the the north side of Sullivant Avenue, and from the west side of South Hague Avenue to the west side of Demorest Road.
- Be a full-time student who will be attending a college or vocational school for the 2022-2023 academic year.
If it is determined by the scholarship committee that none of the applicants meet the eligibility requirements, or embody the standards by which the scholarship was established, we reserve the right not to award the scholarship for the current year.
- Complete the (interactive PDF) Application.
- Attach a current dated transcript signed by a school administrator or counselor.
- Attach two documents verifying your, or a parent or guardian’s Westgate address.
- Complete the section Honors / Achievement / Community Service / Leadership (include years participated, organization, activities).
- List three references we may contact, at least one of whom is to provide a Letter of Recommendation which is to be attached.
- Attach at least one Letter of Recommendation.
- Attach two essays.
- Complete Signature of Certification.
Submit all of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the deadline!
- The scholarship recipient will be notified via contact information provided on the application form.
- The recipient will provide the committee a Letter of Acceptance from the designated postsecondary school.
- The recipient will be asked to attend the May WNA Community Meeting, at which they will be introduced and the award presented.
- Scholarship monies will be sent directly to the Financial Aid Office of the designated school, in August, after it is confirmed the student is officially enrolled for the fall semester.